1. Although a decade of public misery, economic distress and external threats, the 1960s paved the way for a secure, self-reliant and more confident India. Do you agree? Substantiate.
2. The software revolution of the 1990s was the outcome of the realization of India’s inherent strengths and pressing needs. Discuss. What was done to ensure the exponential growth of software industry in India?
3. It was widely believed that forces of urbanization, modern education and information technology would weaken the caste system. On the contrary, however, caste as a social institution is showing signs of revival. Do you agree? Critically examine.
4. We are part of a culture that looks upto bodily ‘perfection’, and all deviations from the ‘perfect body’ signify abnormality. Unless and until this perception changes, the creation of physical infrastructure alone can’t cater to the needs of the differently abled. Elucidate.
5. The acts of atrocity against the Dalit community point towards the prevalence of pervasive intolerance in the society. How do you view this issue. Elucidate.
6. Mere recognition of special needs can’t ensure social justice. It must be backed by adequate institutional and societal infrastructure. Substantiate by taking suitable examples.
7. Communalism is reinforced by the inability of the people to understand the real reasons for their economic and social distress. Do you agree? Substantiate.
8. A smart city is not only a livable, enjoyable and sustainable city but also an inclusive city that caters to the needs of all the sections of the society. However, the current discourse on smart cities in India seems to have ignored this aspect of ‘smartness’. Do you agree? Examine in detail.
9. Discuss the trend of regionalism in post independence India.
10. The dance forms of South India are living embodiment of grace, devotion and emotions. Elucidate.
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :