Click on the links and then answer on respective questions!
Day 64- SECURITY ISSUES & HOT
1. “The North Eastern States of India have always been in a state of turmoil and are always high on India’s internal & external security Radar. However, recent move of Union Government to totally de-link police modernisation scheme from Central assistance after the recommendations of 14th Finance Commission does not augur well with the reality of North Eastern State”. Do you agree? What is your stand on this issue?
2. The recently concluded Naga accord is not as important as an isolated event as it is as a model for other insurgent groups in the north-east. What do you think? Does in your opinion the accord will have positive spillovers in the region? Examine.
3. The Indo-Pak joint Ufa declaration and the stance of Pakistan at the UN are in complete contrast with each other in terms of content as well as intent. Do you think that the Pakistani state is deeply influenced by the non state actors in it’s attitude and approach towards India? If so, is that a threat to India’s internal security? Critically examine.
4. Balancing it’s strategic relations simultaneously with the gulf countries (i.e. UAE, Saudi Arabia etc), Iran and Israel is a diplomatic tight rope for India? Do you agree? As far as India is concerned, how equations might changed after the P5+1 deal concluded with Iran recently.
5. The debate of bringing political parties under the purview of the RTI Act is closely interlinked to the issues of black money and internal democracy in the political parties. How far RTI can resolve these issues if at all there evolves a positive consensus in the political class regarding applicability of the RTI Act? Critically examine.
6. What inferences can be drawn from the data on religion census released in 2015? Why in your opinion there is a difference in the rate of decline of population increase and the sex ratio among various communities? Do these differentials also tell about the socio-economic conditions of these communities? Elaborate.