Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 19]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Godavari river
- Kathiawar plateau
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Social forestry
- Deforestation in India
3. Write a short note on the problem of desertification in the Sahel region. Also discuss the preventive and mitigative measures to tackle desertification. (20 marks)
4. Deforestation leads to regional imbalance? Do you agree? Discuss. (15 marks)
5. The National Agroforestry policy, 2014 has the potential to address deforestation, uplift rural economy and reduce regional imbalance. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :