Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 22]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Ranchi plateau
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Thermohaline circulation
- Ekman transport
3. With the help of suitable diagrams, discuss the circulation pattern in the Pacific ocean. (20 marks)
4. Differentiate between storm surges and storm seiches. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the Stationary Wave Theory to explain the origin of tides. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :