Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 4]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Mizo hills
- Naga hills
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Quality of life index
- Social well being
- Civil society as social capital
- Caste census in India
- National population register
3. Discuss the concept of population as social capital. What are its limitations? Do youths joining the Islamic State come under the category of social capital? Examine. (20 marks)
4. Is there any correlation between the population of a country and the level of social well being and quality of life of its people? Examine by applying region approach.
5. Why census is an important exercise? What does census data tell us and how is it helpful in policy formulation? Discuss. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.