1) What made Geertz’s Interpretative Anthropology distinct from Turner’s Symbolic Anthropology? What does each of them mean by the terms Symbol & Symbolic?
2) Explain the difference between ‘Emic’ & ‘Etic’ and how does the difference derive from the study of language?
3) Bring out the contribution of Turner and Geertz in symbolic and interpretive theories in Anthropology
4) Critically examine the contribution of anthropologists in the interpretation of Symbols
1) Critically examine the concept of Tribe – Caste continuum and its relevance in contemporary India.
2) Define the concept ‘Dominant Caste’ and examine its relevance in the contemporary Indian village with suitable examples.
3) Do you think caste persists in contemporary India? Critically discuss.
4) Tribe Caste continuum
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :