TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Anthropology [26th July, 2017] – Day 15
1. Critically examine the contribution of Positivist and Non-Positivist approaches in Social Science Research
2. Participatory Rapid Assessment (PRA)
3. Discuss the contributions of field work in the development of anthropological concepts and theories.
4. Trace the genesis and development of fieldwork in anthropological research. Assess its importance in the development of Anthropology.
1) Discuss the essential features of the caste system in India. Critically examine its role in the changing social context in contemporary times.
2) Concept of purity and caste system
3) Sacred complex as a dimension of Indian civilization
4) Describe the concept of ‘Sacred Complex’ with an ethnographic example.