TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Sociology [19th July, 2017] – Day 9
Q. Write short answers of the following questions in about 150-200 words each: (4×15 = 60 Marks)
- What is the function of crime according to Durkheim ?
- What did Emile Durkheim mean by ‘collective conscience’ ?
- What did Emile Durkhiem mean by ‘mechanical solidarity’ and ‘organic solidarity’?
- Define social facts. Outline the main characteristics of social facts.
Q. Answer the following questions in about 250-300 words each: (2×20 = 40 Marks)
- Discuss Durkheim’s attempt to establish sociology as a science.
- Discuss Durkheim’s concept of Division of labour. In what way does it differ from that of classical and neoclassical economists?