TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : History [24th Aug, 2017] – Day 30
Topic : Maurya + Post Mauryan Period
1. Critically examine the sources for the study of Mauryan dynasty. How are they useful in understanding the Mauryan administration?
2. Determine the veracity of Megasthenes’ descriptions of Indian society and economy with the help of other contemporary evidences.
3. Brief out the salient features of the religious development in the Post-Maurya period. How was contemporary art influenced by it?
4. “The centuries between c. 200 B.C. and c. A.D. 300 constitute a landmark in the socioreligious history of India.” Analyses the proposition.
5. Furnish a critical and comparative account of various schools of art in the Post -Mauryan period (c. 200 B.C. – c. 300 A.D.)