TLP Geography Optional 2018 [10th July]: Day 7
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Thal Ghat
- Krishna river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Potential and challenges of hydel energy in Africa
- Regional consciousness and separatism
- Interstate water disputes in India
- Resource potential of the Indian Ocean Region
- Resource management
3. Write a short essay on ‘limits to growth’. (20 marks)
4. There is no energy crisis, only a crisis of ignorance. Critically comment. (15 marks)
5. Examine the significance of the Arctic region as a new resource frontier. (15 marks)