TLP Geography Optional 2018 [18th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Nadi Hills
- Chenab river
- NH 10
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Overpopulation in South Asia
- Optimum population and sustainable development
- Morphology of Indian cities
- Functional classification of Indian cities
- Migration and system analysis
3. Discuss various migration theories along with suitable examples? (20 marks)
4. That France, a team full of immigrants, won the Football World Cup-2018 bears testimony to the positive consequences of migration. Comment. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the instances of forced migration in India in the recent past. Also examine the factors. (15 marks)