TLP Geography Optional 2018 [20th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Luni river
- Rohtang pass
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Factors of primacy
- Hierarchy of urban settlements
- Urban morphology in the Middle Eastern countries
- Primacy in India
- Rank Size Rule
3. Write a short essay on ‘Environmental issues in rural settlements’. (20 marks)
4. What is sustainable down planning? Discuss its principles and components. (15 marks)
5. Examine the applicability of the Rank Size Rule in India? Should planners and policy makers be concerned about it? (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :