TLP Geography Optional 2018 [23rd July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Konkan Coast
- Mahanadi river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Organismic view of region
- Subjective view of region
- Functional region
- Nodal region
3. Examine the theoretical methods of regionalisation. (20 marks)
4. Has regional planning succeeded in India? Do a critical evaluation. (15 marks)
5. Examine the criteria that are used to classify region. (15 marks)