TLP Geography Optional 2018 [26th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Krishna river
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary
- Bom di la
- Terai region
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Environmental issues in regional planning
- Hill area development
- Planning for backward regions
- Problems of development in desert areas
3. What is multi-level planning? Examine its applications, advantages and challenges in India. (20 marks)
4. Suggest a suitable strategy for the sustainable development of drought affected areas. (15 marks)
5. On an outline map of India, indicate the major tribal pockets. Also, discuss the problems and challenges of tribals. How can those be addressed? Discuss. (15 marks)