TLP Geography Optional 2018 [2nd July]: Day 1
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1) On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Rayalaseema region
- Chilika lake
- Bhakra Nangal dam
- Cauvery river
2) Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Aerial differentiation
- Difference between race and ethnicity
- Applications of behaviouralism in policy making
- Ecological viewpoint
3) Explain in detail the principles of environmental impact assessment and environmental management? How do they help in sustainable development? (20 marks)
4) Discuss in detail the pollution caused by plastic. What can be done to address it? (15 marks)
5) Applying regions approach, discuss the vulnerability of various parts of the country towards floods. (15 marks)