TLP Geography Optional 2018 [4th July]: Day 3
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Saurashtra region
- Wular lake
- Yamuna river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Universalising regions
- Language as a tool of nation building
- Religious fundamentalism and terrorism
- Linguistic divisions in Canada
3. Does secularisation lead to economic development? Critically examine. (20 marks)
4. Examine the problem of soil erosion and desertification in India? How do they affect agriculture. Analyse. (15 marks)
5. Are population explosion and food crisis interrelated? Critically examine. (15 marks)