TLP Geography Optional 2018 [6th July]: Day 5
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Bhor ghat
- Haldia port
- Damodar river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Physical Quality of Life Index
- India’s position on the global HDI rankings
- Developmental geography
- Happiness index
3. How would you suggest to make educational institutions partners in spreading environmental awareness? Suggest some innovative measures. (20 marks)
4. Examine the effects of globalisation on India’s trade pattern. (15 marks)
5. Interlinking of rivers is a panacea for India’s water crisis. Do you agree? Critically comment. (15 marks)