TLP Geography Optional 2018 [13th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Nandi Hills
- Chilika lake
- Mahandi river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Secondary atmospheric circulation
- Factors affecting insolation
- Subtropical high pressure belt
- Ferrel cell
- Tertiary atmospheric circulation
3. Discuss the emerging trends of land use pattern in India. (20 marks)
4. Write a short note on ‘heat budget of the earth’. (15 marks)
5. Examine the factors behind the looming water crisis in India. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :