TLP Geography Optional 2018 [22nd August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Betla National Park
- Pulicat Lake
- Mahananda River
- Chorla Ghat pass
- Smith Island
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Methods to enhance agricultural productivity
- Agricultural efficiency and Indian Monsoon
- Ideal crop combination for the North East
- Land capability in India
- Ideal cropping pattern for the arid and semi-arid regions of India
3. Discuss various theories of tide formation. (20 marks)
4. How do waves originate? Why do they break? Examine. (15 marks)
5. Write a note on wind induced vertical oceanic circulation. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :