TLP Geography Optional 2018 [27th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Araku valley
- Ajanta caves
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Factors affecting soil genesis
- Azonal soil
- Marbut classification
- Unrest in textile sector of India
3. Examine the changing locational pattern of cotton textiles in India. What are these changes taking place? Discuss. (20 marks)
4. How can jute industry be developed to its true potential in India? Suggest. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the problems being faced by aluminium industry in India. How can be those be addressed? Examine. (15 marks)