TLP Geography Optional 2018 [28th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Mount Abu
- Ellora caves
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Soil profile
- Factors aggravating soil erosion
- Areas of high vulnerability towards soil erosion
- Soil degradation in India
- Soil conservation strategies
3. Discuss the locational factors of iron and steel industry. Has it changed in the last few decades in India? Examine. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the significance of fertiliser industry for India. How can India be a prominent player in the global value chain of fertilisers? Examine. (15 marks)
5. Examine the potential of paper industry in India. How can it be made a sustainable source of income and employment generation? Suggest. (15 marks)