TLP Geography Optional 2018 [29th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Subarnarekha river
- Bangalore-Tamil Nadu Industrial Region
- Rohtang Pass
- Hindu Kush
- Eastern Himalayas biodiversity hotspots
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Climate control distribution of plants and animals
- Australia fauna
- Terrain as a controlling factor of biodiversity
- Biodiversity hotspots
- Faunal diversity in Asia
3. Do you think India holds the potential to become the global hub of pharmaceutical industry? Comment. (20 marks)
4. Examine the export potential of cottage industries in India. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the bottlenecks in the food processing industry of India. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :