TLP Geography Optional 2018 [6th August]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Malabar Coast
- Sabarmati river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Mantle plumes
- Role of exogenic forces in landform evolution
- Role of endogenetic forces in landform evolution
- Factors controlling landform development
3. Discuss various theories the describe the evolution of India’s system. (20 marks)
4. What are the typical characteristics of a subcontinent? Discuss. (15 marks)
5. Write a short note on ‘watersheds in India and their economic significance’. (15 marks)