TLP Geography Optional 2018 [3rd September]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Ellora caves
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Human ecological adaptations
- Effects of slash and burn cultivation
- Urban flooding as a result of human ecological interventions
- Ecologically sensitive zones
- Ecosystem approach
3. Examine the role of railways in addressing regional imbalance. (20 marks)
4. How to highways lead to industrial growth? Examine. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the potential, suitability and challenges of inland waterways in India. (15 marks)