TLP Geography Optional 2018 [4th September]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Bandhavgarh National Park
- Agastya Mala
- Nama pass
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Principles of ecosystem management
- Ecosystem conservation strategies
- Ecological changes in the tropical region
- Global ecological changes
- Effects of climate change on global ecosystems
3. What role do small airports play in a growing economy? Analyse. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the advantages and potential of pipeline transportation in India. (15 marks)
5. How can highways play a complementary role to the railways and lead to regional development? Examine. (15 marks)