TLP Geography Optional 2018 [6th September]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Chambal river
- Jo ji La
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Environmental policy
- Environmental awareness
- Environmental education
- Drought as an environmental hazard
- Flood control mesures
3. Examine the concept of trade balance. Has India’s Trade Policy addressed this aspect of trade effectively? Critically examine. (20 marks)
4. Examine the growing importance of ports on national and foreign trade. (15 marks)
5. What measures can be taken to enhance exports from India? Suggest. (15 marks)