Current Affairs Focus (CAF) – Day 4:The last leg of your journey before the final test !
Please Note that,
- In CAF, Evaluation will not be done nor Synopsis will be provided. Through the questions, you will get to know the most important topics for Mains 2019 related to Current Affairs. But, we would advice you to make the best use of this initiative, by practicing answer writing 7 answers on daily basis on our TLP Platform.
Welcome to IAS UPSC, CAF- 2019, Day 4. Questions are based on CAF Mains 2019, General Studies Paper 1,
Click on the links and then answer respective questions!
1. Some civil servants have resigned from their services on the ground that their freedom of expression was stifled by government. Do you think the civil servants should be allowed to express their opinion freely on various issues or even criticise the government on various forums? Critically comment.
2. There is a belief that the government employs enforcement agencies for vendetta politics. What are your views in this regard? What can be the possible solutions to this problem? Discuss.
3. Recently, the government ruled out a cooling-off period for retired judges before their appointment to tribunals or commissions. What is your view on this? Comment.
4. Do you think it is high time that the anti-defection law is reviewed in India? Critically comment.
5. What are your views on the idea of conducting simultaneous elections in India? What are the pros and cons of this idea? Examine.
6. What is the controversy surrounding the UAPA Amendment Act? What are your views in this regard?
7. Recently the government cleared major changes to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC). What are these changes and what is the overall intent to introduce them? Discuss.