Finland gets world’s youngest PM
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Affairs; GS-I- Society (Women empowerment)
- The 34-year-old Finnish politician Sanna Marin, her country’s Transport Minister, will soon become the world’s youngest Prime Minister.
- The Transport Minister was chosen by Finland’s Social Democratic Party to succeed Prime Minister Antti Rinne who on December 3 announced he was resigning in the face of criticism over the government’s handling of a postal strike that lasted two weeks in November
- Prime Minister-elect Marin will be Finland’s third woman head of government.
- Marin will lead a five-party Centre-Left political coalition which are all led by women. Four of these women are in their early thirties.
- New Zealand PM JacindaArdern is 39, while Ukrainian premier Oleksiy Honcharuk is 35.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :