Industrial Security Annex (ISA): Signed between India and USA
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- International Affairs
- ISA signed between India and the U.S. at the second 2+2 dialogue in Washington, will open the door for U.S. defence companies to partner with the Indian private sector.
- ISA will enable smooth transfer of classified technology and information between private entities of the U.S. and India.
- The ISA is a part of the General Security of Military Information Agreement (GSOMIA), which India signed with the U.S. long back
- The ‘2+2’ dialogue is a meeting between the India Ministers for External Affairs and Defence, and the US Secretaries of State and Defence to focus on “strengthening strategic, security and defence cooperation” between the two countries.
- Other agreements signed during the 2+2 dialogue are
- Finalisation of Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which will harmonise the two side’s processes for identification, development and execution of projects under the DTTI.
- Tiger Triumph Exercise: It has been decided to hold the India-U.S. joint tri-services and amphibious exercise ‘Tiger Triumph’ on an annual basis. It was first held in November 2019 as a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise.
- Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI): USA announced its commitment to being the founding member of the CDRI whose headquarters will be located in India.