Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Governance
- As many as 10,130 government offices have already been mapped as part of the ₹4.24-crore-Mapathon Keralam project which is part of the Rebuild Kerala Initiative.
- The project aims at creating micro-level maps of the entire state for identifying all the natural and physical assets
- Mapswill be useful for planning and implementing flood control and rehabilitation activities.
- A crowdsourcing mapping initiative:The maps are to be created online with public participation, and anyone with a computer/mobile phone and an internet connection can participate in the initiative.
About Rebuild Kerala Initiative.
- After damage caused by floods in the state during August 2018, Keral government launched Rebuild Kerala Initiativewith the objective of building resilience and mitigating risk, adopting the concept of ‘building back better’.
- The aim of RKI is to catalyse rebuilding of Kerala in a way that addresses key drivers of floods, natural disasters & climate change risks and strengthens the State’s preparedness against future disasters.
- It is the government’s vision of converting the crisis into an opportunity by more explicitly embedding the idea of building a green and resilient Kerala.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :