National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Disaster Management
- The Ministry of Environment has set up the National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM) at
- It has been setup to undertake studies and research in the area of Coastal Zone Management including coastal resources and environment.
- The aims and Objectives of the Center are:
- Strive for being a World Class Knowledge Institution related to coastal zones, environment, resources and processes,
- To promote integrated and sustainable management of the coastal and marine areas in India for the benefit and wellbeing of the traditional coastal and island communities, and
- Advice the Union and State Governments and other associated stakeholder(s) on policy, and scientific matters related to Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM).
- For the first time, Integrated Island Management plans including holistic island development plans have been prepared by NCSCM for implementation by coastal States/ UTs.