National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Disaster Management
- The Ministry of Environment has set up the National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM) at
- It has been setup to undertake studies and research in the area of Coastal Zone Management including coastal resources and environment.
- The aims and Objectives of the Center are:
- Strive for being a World Class Knowledge Institution related to coastal zones, environment, resources and processes,
- To promote integrated and sustainable management of the coastal and marine areas in India for the benefit and wellbeing of the traditional coastal and island communities, and
- Advice the Union and State Governments and other associated stakeholder(s) on policy, and scientific matters related to Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM).
- For the first time, Integrated Island Management plans including holistic island development plans have been prepared by NCSCM for implementation by coastal States/ UTs.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :