Central accident database management
Part of: GS Prelims –Policy and GS-II- Policy & Schemes
- The government launched a central accident database management system that will help in analysing causes of road crashes and in devising safety interventions to reduce such accidents in the country.
- The IT tool, known as the Integrated Road Accident Database (IRAD) developed by the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M)
- Implemented by the National Informatics Centre.
- Project supported by the World Bank
National Informatics Centre (NIC):
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) is an attached office under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
- NIC provides infrastructure to help support delivery of Government IT services and delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India