Establishment of Chairs named after eminent Women in Universities
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I- Society, GS-II- Education
- Union Ministry of Women and Child Development sets up ten Chairs in different fields with an aim to carry out research activities to encourage women.
- The initiative was launched with the assistance of University Grants Commission on the occasion of National Girl Child Day (January 24).
- Objective: To highlight and celebrate women achievers of the country to motivate young girls and women towards higher studies.
- The chairs proposed by UGC and approved by the Ministry are:
- Administration: Devi Ahilyabai Holkar
- Literature: Mahadevi Varma
- Freedom Fighter (North East): Rani Gaidinliu
- Medicine & Health: Anandibai Gopalrao Joshi
- Performing Art: Madurai Shanmukhavadivu Subbulakshmi
- Forest/Wildlife Conservation: Amrita Devi (Beniwal)
- Mathematics: Lilavati
- Science: Kamala Sohonie
- Poetry & Mysticism: Lal Ded
- Educational Reforms: Hansa Mehta
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :