Bill to regulate pesticide trade
- Cabinet approved the Pesticides Management Bill, 2020,
- Bill will regulate the business of pesticides and compensate farmers in case of losses from the use of spurious agro-chemicals.
From Prelims Point of View:
Highlights of the Bill
- Provide compensation when there is farm loss due to use of low-quality pesticides.
- The loss is to be paid using funds collected from the manufacturers.
- The information regarding the pesticides available in the market is to be made available in digital format.
- This will help farmers make the right choice.