Bill to regulate pesticide trade
- Cabinet approved the Pesticides Management Bill, 2020,
- Bill will regulate the business of pesticides and compensate farmers in case of losses from the use of spurious agro-chemicals.
From Prelims Point of View:
Highlights of the Bill
- Provide compensation when there is farm loss due to use of low-quality pesticides.
- The loss is to be paid using funds collected from the manufacturers.
- The information regarding the pesticides available in the market is to be made available in digital format.
- This will help farmers make the right choice.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :