Coronavirus samples from Karnataka test positive for H1N1
- Suspected coronavirus (nCoV) cases that tested negative for the virus have tested positive for H1N1
- Although the novel coronavirus is related to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), the only difference is that the efficiency of person to person transmission is high in the novel coronavirus
From Prelims Point of View:
- Common in various species of animals, such as cattle, camels, bats, and cats.
- Cause diseases ranging from cold to SARS.
- Coronaviruses can infect humans, which can then spread from person to person.
- Coronaviruses cause respiratory infections in humans which are generally mild, but sometimes, can be fatal.
- Physically large as far as viruses go (26 – 32 kilobases), having a surface of spike projections (which resembles a crown and hence the name ‘corona’).
- Like the influenza virus, the coronavirus spreads through both direct and indirect contact.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…