Govt. plans research on ‘indigenous’ cows
Part of: GS Prelims –Polity and GS-II- Govt Policy
- Government has unveiled a programme to research on ‘indigenous’ cows. (SUTRA PIC or Scientific Utilisation Through Research Augmentation-Prime Products from Indigenous Cows)
- Funded by multiple scientific ministries, the initiative, SUTRA PIC, is led by the Department of Science and Technology
- Uniqueness of Indigenous Cows,
- For Medicine and Health,
- For Agricultural Applications,
- For Food and Nutrition,
- Cows-based utility items.
- To perform scientific research on complete characterisation of milk and milk products derived from Indian indigenous cows
- Scientific research on nutritional and therapeutic properties of curd and ghee prepared from indigenous breeds of cows by traditional methods; development of standards for traditionally processed dairy products of Indian-origin cow
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :