Part of: GS Prelims – Art & Culture and GS-I- Ancient History
- Finance Minister had announced in Budget speech to fund five on-site museums, including the under-construction museum initiated by the Haryana government at Rakhigarhi
- Rakhigarhi is a 5,000-year-old and biggest Indus Valley Civilization site located in Haryana
- The site is located in the Sarasvati river plain, some 27 km from the seasonal Ghaggar river
- In May 2012, the Global Heritage Fund, declared Rakhigarhi one of the 10 most endangered heritage sites in Asia.
- Other four sites mentioned in Budget speech are Hastinapur in Uttar Pradesh, Shivsagar in Assam, Dholavira in Gujarat and Adichanallur in Tamil Nadu.