U.S. nod for air defence system sale to India
- U.S. Department of State has approved the potential sale of a $1.867 billion Integrated Air Defence Weapon System (IADWS) to India.
- The Integrated Air Defence Weapon System, also known as the National Advanced Surface to Air Missile System (NASAMS), provides integrated air missile defence
- The IADWS system includes radar, launchers, targeting, and guidance systems, advanced medium-range air-to-air missile (AMRAAM) and Stinger missiles, and related equipment and support
- The AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM)
- It is an American beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) capable of all-weather day-and-night operations fire-and-forget weapon
- AMRAAM is the world’s most popular beyond-visual-range missile
SRC: Click here
National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System was developed by USA in partnership with Norway. NASAMS-II is an upgraded version of NASAMS of Norway called Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile System.