UKIERI-UGC Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrators
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- Objective: To train the senior and middle level academic administrators in Indian Universities to enable them to bring about systemic changes with renewed approaches, capacity, tools and skill in Universities in India.
- Implemented by: Joint initiative of UGC and British Council in India under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI)
- UKIERI was started in April, 2006 with the aim of enhancing educational linkages between India and the UK.
- UKIERI Phase 3 (2016-2021) aims to promote institutional and individual excellence in educational practices, research, and employability.
- UGC came into existence on 28th December, 1953 and became a statutory body by an Act of Parliament in 1956, for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examination and research in university education.