Addendum to the Guidelines regarding Nationwide Lockdown issued
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance; GS III – Disaster Management
- Addendum to the guidelines regarding Nationwide lockdown was issued recently by Ministry of Home Affairs.
- This addendum lays down additional categories of essential goods and services exempted under the Disaster Management Act, with respect to the 21- day lockdown.
Important value additions:
Disaster Management Act
- The Disaster Management Act, 2005 provides for the legal and institutional framework for disaster management in India at the national, state and district levels.
- The primary responsibility of Disaster Management vests with the state government.
- The central government lays down the plans, policies and guidelines and provides support.
- Recently, the Home Ministry declared the coronavirus outbreak as a “notified disaster”, thus bringing into play the provisions of the Disaster Management Act.
- The Act allows the National Executive Committee to give directions to governments regarding measures to be taken by them.
- The Disaster Management Act is also being used to rein in the circulation of fake news.
- The Act is being used in tandem with the Epidemic Diseases Act.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :