CM announces loan waiver under Badavara Bandhu
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare schemes; Governance
- Karnataka Chief Minister recently announced waiver of loans under the Badavara Bandhu scheme, to provide relief to the poor due to COVID -19 pandemic.
Important value additions:
Badavara Bandhu scheme
- Under the scheme, mobile banks were launched to disburse interest-free loans to street vendors and small traders.
- Small traders will get loans of up to Rs.10,000 without any interest and collateral.
- The beneficiaries will have the flexibility of repaying the loan on daily instalments of Rs.100 or one-time repayment within three months.
- If they repay within the stipulated time, they are eligible for a fresh loan of up to Rs.15,000.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :