Indian Council of Medical Research and COVID-19 Testing
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- ICMR has decided to monitor community transmission by random sampling rather than expanding testing.
- This decision has been taken to avoid “futile testing” as well as hospitalisation for mildly symptomatic, positive patients.
Four Stages of Transmission of COVID-19
- Stage 1-Imported Transmission
- Stage 2-Local Transmission
- Transmission through direct contact with an infected person within the country.
- Stage 3-Community Transmission
- It signifies that a virus is circulating in the community and can affect people with no history of travel to affected areas or of contact with an infected person.
- India’s strategy on social distancing and isolation is aimed at checking community transmission.
- Stage 4- Epidemic
- An epidemic is a large outbreak, one that spreads among a population or region.
- It is less severe than pandemic due to a limited area of spread.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :