Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance; GS-III- Awareness in IT
- Use of Social media was allowed in Jammu & Kashmir but Internet connectivity is made available “with mac-binding”.
- Every device has a Media Access Control (MAC) address, a hardware identification number that is unique to it.
- While accessing the Internet, every device is assigned an IP address.
- Mac-binding essentially means binding together the MAC and IP addresses, so that all requests from that IP address are served only by the computer having that particular MAC address
- In effect, it means that if the IP address or the MAC address changes, the device can no longer access the Internet
- Also, monitoring authorities can trace the specific system from which a particular online activity was carried out
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :