Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- MGNFP was launched in the IIM Bengaluru
- The Fellowship is part of the SANKALP programme of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Objective: To provide skilled manpower for District Skill Committees to prepare the District Skill Development plan.
- Under the pilot project, IIMB will train 75 graduates for two years in preparing the District skill plan considering the skill gaps, market utilities, government schemes and institutions available in the district
- Its unique design will allow the Fellows to take academic learning at IIM Bangalore and use it in the field, under faculty mentorship, with the goal of understanding challenges and barriers that the district ecosystem faces in fostering growth and development