Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity
- The Vice President of India appealed to all Members of Parliament to contribute at least Rs. 1 crore initially from their MPLADS funds.
- The funds shall supplement the Government’s efforts in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
- The contribution will facilitate Members of Parliament to recommend funds for purchase of the equipments for Government Hospitals / Dispensaries.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation has suitably amended the relevant guidelines to allow one-time dispensation under MPLADS for managing COVID-19.
Important value additions:
- It is a scheme formulated by the Government of India that enables the members of parliaments (MP) to recommend developmental work in their constituencies.
- The emphasis is on creating durable community assets based on locally felt needs.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) looks into its working.
- The funds released under the scheme are non-lapsable.
- The MPs have a recommendatory role under the scheme.
- The MPLADS is fully funded by the Government of India.
- The annual MPLADS fund entitlement per MP constituency is Rs. 5 crore.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :