PM calls for SAARC videoconference on COVID-19
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- International Affairs
- The aim of the conference to discuss a common strategy to tackle COVID-19.
- SAARC has had no summit level meeting since 2014, and has been shelved since then due to India-Pakistan tensions
- Set up in 1985, SAARC was the first such grouping for the South Asian region.
- SAARC members include: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
- While SAARC member-states occupy just 3% of the world’s landmass, they account for 21% of its population.
- SAARC secretariat is based in Kathmandu
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :