Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Education
- The QS World University Subject Rankings 2020 has been released from London by Quacquarelli Symonds.
- Quacquarelli Symonds is the world’s leading provider of services, analytics, and insight to the global higher education sector.
- QS uses four key metrics to compile the rankings including academic reputation, employer reputation, citations per paper and the h-index which measures how productive an institution’s research faculty are.
- The highest ranking an Indian institute has got this year is the 41st rank globally. This is shared by both Delhi University’s School for Developmental Studies and IIT Bombay’s Mining and Minerals Department.
- IIT Bombay has topped the list in the Engineering and Technology subjects with the 44th rank, followed by IIT Delhi (47), IIT Kharagpur (86) and IIT Madras (88).