The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill, 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity
- The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda was recently passed in the parliament.
- It shall be declared as an Institution of national importance for the promotion of quality and excellence in education, research and training in Ayurveda.
- The Bill states that the objectives of the Institute will be to:
- develop patterns of teaching in medical education in Ayurveda and pharmacy.
- bring together educational facilities for training of personnel in all branches of Ayurveda.
- attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate education to meet the need for specialists and medical teachers in Ayurveda.
- to make an in-depth study and research in the field of Ayurveda.