Highlights from Prime Minister’s address:
The lockdown will be extended till 3rd May, 2020.
- Till April 20, all districts, localities, states will be closely monitored, as to how strictly they are implementing norms. States which will not let hotspots increase, they could be allowed to let some important activities resume, but with certain conditions.
- From April 20, those states or areas, which will not allow increase of hotspots or where the possibility of hotposts increasing is less, will see resumption of some essential services.
- We are moving with great pace on the health infrastructure fund as well. In January, the country only had one lab to test Coronavirus. There are now more than 220 labs working on this front.
- Tomorrow (15th April), the government will come out of extensive guidelines on the lockdown.
- I know you have faced many difficulties. Some have faced difficulty with food. Some have faced problems in commuting. While some have been staying away from their houses and family.
- I know the kind of trouble all of you have been through in this period. But I know, for the country, all of you have worked like a disciplined soldier. I pay my regards to all of you.
- India has been able to contain the spread and ill-effects of Coronavirus due to your patience. All of you have suffered to save the nation.
- The new year has started in several states in the entire country. The way people are observing the lockdown is inspiring and commendable. I wish you and your family good health on this new year.
- Even when India did not have a single corona patient, India had begun screening passengers from Covid-19 affected countries
- If India had not adopted holistic, integrated approach, had not taken quick decision then India’s situation would have been different. However, observations and results of the last few days have shown that the road we took was right.
- India has reaped the benefits of social distancing and lockdown. We have paid economic cost for it too. But it is nothing compared to the cost of the lives of Indians.
- People who earn every day and fulfill their needs, they are my family as well. It is one of my priorities to reduce their problems.
The PM underlined that the motto of the government earlier was ‘jaan hai to jahaan hai’ but now it is ‘jaan bhi jahaan bhi’.
For the right information refer the authentic source –
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :
Subscribe to IASbaba
Tag:#IndiaFightsCorona, #stayhomestaysafe, Coronavirus Lockdown, Coronavirus lockdown to be extended till May 3 2020, Covid-19, Extension of Coronavirus Lockdown till May 3, Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi, jaan bhi jahaan bhi government motto, jaan bhi jahaan bhi motto, PM Narendra Modi Speech Highlights today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi