Integrated geospatial platform launched for better decisions in COVID-19 outbreak
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II –Governance & GS-III – Science and Technology
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has created an Integrated Geospatial Platform out of available geospatial datasets to help decision making during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
- The platform shall aid in devising area-specific strategies to handle the socio-economic impact in the recovery phase.
- The mobile application SAHYOG and the web portal have been launched for the same objective.
- It is managed by the Survey of India (SoI).
- It is customized to collect COVID-19 specific data through community engagement to augment the response activities by Government of India to the pandemic.
- This mobile application will complement the “AAROGYA-SETU” .
- This integrated geospatial platform will strengthen the Nation’s health emergency management due to the COVID-19 outbreak and support the socio-economic recovery process.
Important value additions:
- It is a mobile application launched by the Government of India for Contact tracing, Public awareness, and Self-assessment objectives amidst COVID-19 pandemic.